New York Timesbest-selling author Dr. Joseph Mercola teams up with Dr. James J. DiNicolantonio, an internationally known and respected scientist who has spent nearly a decade researching the effects of different fats on the body. This book will set the record straight on which fats support health, which ones don't, and what foods they're found in. (It's the opposite of what most people think!) Topics include-
- The optimal ratio of omega-3 to omega-6
- Foods that resolve inflammation and increase longevity
- Supplemental fats such as fish oil, krill oil, and flax oil-what to take and how to choose
- Which oils you should cook with, and why
- Why the very foods and oils you've been told are healthy may be keeping you from losing weight
Drawing on Dr. DiNicolantonio's research at Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute, as well as hundreds of ground-breaking studies, this book will give you the skinny on dietary fats such as coconut oil, butter, cream, olive oil, fish oil, and vegetable oils, to show you which fats are beneficial for weight loss and which ones actually cause you to gain weight. You'll also learn which foods you should eat for lifelong health and slimness, and how you should cook and consume these foods for optimal health and longevity.